Saturday, January 25, 2020

Tommy Chong Writing Cheech and Chong Horror Film

Before I start writing, take this with a grain of salt.  Tommy Chong is always supposedly writing a new Cheech and Chong film.

Tommy has been making the rounds promoting his new film Color Out of Space.

Tommy Chong tells Movie Web that he's been trying to write a Cheech and Chong horror film.

"Every comedy team before they broke up, they always had a horror movie. Abbott and Costello Halloween. Abbott and Costello meet the monster. Bing Crosby and Bob Hope, they had one. Everybody has a horror movie. So I always wanted to do a horror movie. In fact, we did a reunion tour movie and I wanted to make that a horror movie but I didn't have the clout that I once had with Cheech, so I couldn't talk him into it. It's a nice genre to play with, you can have a lot of fun with it. Like Get Out, I like that approach to it."

Chong doubts it will ever get made.
 

No comments: