Friday, October 17, 2008

Tommy Chong Comments on Edie Adams' Passing

"When I learned of Edie Adams passing today, I felt a wave of sadness come over me, as I remembered how brilliant she was as my mother in Up In Smoke. I remembered how we visited between takes listening to her stories about her late husband Ernie Kovac who was one of the top comedians of his day.

When you look at the scene in Up In Smoke when she is arguing with my movie dad, the great Struthers Martin, you have to be amazed at the star power that was driving that scene. "When boy when are you going to get a job"? Struthers Martin wrote his entire monologue, as did Edie. Cheech and I told them the scene and how it fit into the movie, but when it came to delivering the adlib lines both Struthers and Edie shone like the stars they were.

Edie was at the end of her career when she played my mother, but you would never know it watching her perform. I am in the process of obtaining every movie and every television show I can find that featured Edie Adams because I don't want her to ever go away. She will always live in my heart.....tc"

No comments: