Thursday, October 09, 2008

The Wire Interviews Cheech & Chong

The Wire had a chance to interview Cheech Marin and Tommy Chong via phone. Both were in Florida for their tour. Cheech was staying at the Ritz-Carlton under the assumed name Dick Gozinya.

Cheech says that he and Tommy are getting along. When Cheech was asked about marijuana, he says "I think it should be legal. I think it’s ridiculous that it’s not. I think that if they legalized marijuana tomorrow, it would do more for the economy than ten $700 billion bailouts.”

When asked about Arnold Schwarzenegger finally admitting he smoked pot with Tommy, Tommy says “I love the fact that he admits it. He fessed up to it. I tell people all the time, Arnold probably knows more about the human body than most doctors, and he would never put anything in his body that would harm himself.”

It's a really great interview.

Read Here

No comments: