Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Update: Cheech Talks Cheech and Chong at Television Critics Association

Not only was Cheech Marin promoting his Lifetime movie, The Miracle of Dommatina., at the television Critics Association yesterday, but he was also promoting the Hallmark movie, Expecting a Miracle.

When asked about Cheech and Chong, Cheech said, "I've made peace with it."

"Maybe I've tried to distance myself, by creating a separate image of myself in the intervening years. But I've never, ever put down Cheech & Chong. I loved being Cheech of Cheech & Chong; are you kidding? Who wouldn't? It was the happiest of times.

As a matter of fact, Tommy and I are getting together and doing something quick, because time's awasting here. Cheech & Chong is all over the world. It spoke to a whole generation. And something that is that iconic, you want to pay tribute to it. It's a big part of me, and that was some of the best things I ever did."

Cheech also said that he taught Ed Asner how to roll a joint, but Ed wasn't one of his best students.

Update: IGN had a chance to interview Cheech. Cheech said that he and Chong have recently, "been writing and seeing what we can remember." When asked if he'll be in Robert Rodriguez' proposed film, Machete (based on the fake Grindhouse trailer), he said "I would love for him to do that! I'm just waiting for him to call me. Call me Robert! Let's do it, man!"

1 comment:

Bobby said...

Thanks for reading the letter Cheech!

B.Capps