Saturday, April 20, 2013

Nice! I Scored Earache My Eye at Record Store Day 2013


Today is the ultimate holiday for vinyl geeks.  Record Store Day 2013.

Record Store Day was conceived in 2007 at a gathering of independent record store owners and employees as a way to celebrate and spread the word about the unique culture surrounding over 700 independently owned record stores in the US and thousands of similar stores internationally.

This joyous day takes place every year on the third Saturday of April.

When I arrived at my local store, there were over thirty people in the queue.  Many had been waiting since last night.

The music distributor chooses which stores get which albums so I was hoping I'd get what I can for.
Score!  They had them.  The coolest piece of vinyl this year.

Cheech and Chong's Earache My Eye featuring Alice Bowie.
“Earache My Eye” b/w "Turn That Thing Down.” Pressed on marijuana green vinyl.

It's just like the single that was released in the 1970s, but it's green vinyl.

Limited to 1500 pieces.

It's a collectible so it's going into storage with my Nice Dreams storyboards and my other assorted Cheech and Chong treasures.

I have an extra.  If you're interested, make me an offer,

No comments: