Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Tommy Chong Returning as Leo in That '70s Show Reboot

That '90s Show continues shaping up to be a true successor to That '70s Show – and today brings those connections a bit closer, as a fan-favorite actor from That '70s Show has joined the upcoming Netflix reboot. Tommy Chong revealed during a recent podcast appearance that he is part of the cast of That '90s Show; Chong regularly appeared on That '70s Show as "Leo" the aging burnout hippie who ran the Foto Hut photoshop. 

Chong's presence (as one half of iconic comedic stoner duo, Cheech and Chong) was part of the running gag about the kids of That '70s Show being potheads – without ever being able to directly reference it onscreen. Chong earned a lot of laughs playing up his actual '70s stoner screen persona for a whole new generation – and now he gets to do it again! 

Funny enough, Chong was pretty much in step with his own persona by breaking this news to The Dave Mark Show: "They never gave me any instructions, so I don't know if I'm supposed to be talking about it or not," Chong said. "I really don't give a shit to tell you the truth. That's what I'm known for...I'm back as Leo."


No comments: