Thursday, August 12, 2010

Cheech to be in Disney's Cars 2

Cheech Marin has said young fans of Disney/Pixar's Cars have a lot to be excited about.

"There is a Cars 2. I've just signed a deal for it, so it will be out," the actor, who voices Ramone in the lucrative animated film, announced.
The Cheech And Chong star came out to party with his young fans in Los Angeles as the movie launched its very own interactive website WorldofCars.com

"You can go on to this online site and there are a zillion doors in it, you can make a new car, get in to a game, get your fortune told, you can go to the moon," Cheech explained.

The actor revealed he hadn't anticipated how huge the first movie would be.

"It's amazing, I've never seen anything like it, and I've been in a lot of hits.

"The ancillaries that have come out of this movie, I'm in the studio all the time doing voices for Cars. When will it stop?" he laughed.

The actor said to get in to character he simply has to "channel my inner low-rider and away I go."

Cheech laughed about how he's become incredibly cool to kids of a certain age.

"I do the voice and they're like star struck. It's like Leonardo DiCaprio or the Jonas Brothers," he said.

Cars 2 will be released in June 24, 2011.

No comments: