Monday, September 25, 2006

Good Street Vibrations


"Free Tommy Chong" was the chant as I waded through a tsunami of bikers from all walks of life. Forty to Fifty thousand showed up for Reno Nevada's Street Vibrations. I had on my original, "Free Tommy Chong" shirt in order to gain their attention. It was like Tommy Chong had become the white Nelson Mandela over night and I was his messenger.

Many of them knew of Cheech was duet crooning his way on the Fox show while others recanted their favorite lines from old C&C movies and albums. I loved it when Tommy had his bike in the living room. Earache My Eye was a fan favorite. What's Tommy doing now? Is he out of Jail? When they going to do the next movie? I replied,"Tommy currently has a brand new blog and there's all kinds of information on the web site." Just being there promoting the new comic strip or telling folks about the Chong art store coming, made huge mammoth size long haired biker bros get all giddy. They are jonesing like a junkies for one more fix of Smokin Madness .

Bikers Brenda and Donny gave us the thumbs up to one more movie and said if Cheech and Chong ever get yourselves a scoot, they will save some pavement for you in our pack. Throttle on and smoke'em down the highway.

No comments: