Friday, April 29, 2005

Chong Sued For Dropping Out Of Logues

In the current issue of Newsweek, Tommy Chong reveals he will not rejoin The Marijuana-Logues once his probation ends. Why? “I don’t feel comfortable because I’m trying to get my record expunged. I’d still be thumbing my nose at the government [that] just finished putting me in jail.”


AC Lichtenstein, the producers of the show plan to sue Tommy for not fulfilling his contract for 36 performances. Chong is considering a countersuit for unpaid wages and damages.


During the interview, Tommy revealed he is working on a book about his Operation Pipedream arrest, as well as a book on Cheech and Chong. He also mentions that "Holy Smoke" is the current working title for the Cheech and Chong reunion film.
Read Here


The Kansas City Star also had a chance to interview Tommy. He's in town for this weekend's shows at Stanford and Sons Comedy Club.


Read Here

No comments: